For more detailed information on abortion access in California visit https://abortion.ca.gov
What is medication abortion?
How does medication abortion work?
What is a virtual clinic?
What does telehealth mean?
Telehealth can consist of:
- Synchronous, or “live,” communication through phone or video chat.
- Sending and receiving messages from the medical care provider through secure chat messaging, e-mail, and/or file exchange.
What are the benefits of a virtual clinic?
- Virtual clinics can address health issues wherever patients are, even from the comfort of their own home.
- Making an appointment with a virtual clinic can eliminate travel time and distance, commuting, taking time off from work, and the need for child care.
- Virtual clinics can also shorten waiting times and expand access to specialists who live further away.
*Please note CLRJ does not provide legal or medical advice.
**This page was created in partnership with the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSRH) through the California Home Abortion by Telehealth (CHAT) Study.