Latinas4RJ Chapter Leaders
Latinas for Reproductive Justice (Latinas4RJ)
Latinas4RJ (L4RJ) leadership chapters reflect CLRJ’s commitment to developing Latina/x leaders from various backgrounds and experiences. The goal of the L4RJ chapters is to build the next generation of Latina/x RJ Leaders in California who are passionate about advocating with, by, and for their own communities. The leadership chapters are open to all non-binary, womxn-identified, gender non-conforming, trans, genderqueer, and cisgender Latinas/xs ages 18-35 years old of all backgrounds.
Here’s what past and current Latinas4RJ Leaders have said about their experiences
“So grateful to be in the presence of these badass latinas that are committed to improve our communities. We are those bad mujeres they warned you about.” -L4RJ LA Member Stefany
“They’ve taught me so much about organizing, community education, and policy advocacy through a reproductive justice lens AND [I] have made hella dope friendships [through L4RJ]. I hold our monthly meetings close to my heart. Equal parts chisme, self-care, and organizing keeps us strong.” -L4RJ SD Member Marcela
Requirements for Latinas4RJ Membership
- Complete Membership Application.
- Payment of Membership Dues ($50/year for full-time employed, $25/year part-time/students).
- Completion of an introductory Reproductive Justice 101 training.
- Regular participation and leadership in monthly chapter meetings.
- Participation and leadership in at least 2 CLRJ policy advocacy and voter engagement actions and activities.
- CLRJ Local and Sacramento Advocacy Days (legislative visits).
- CLRJ Spring and Fall Get Out The Vote campaigns (community outreach, door knocking, phone banks).
- Support local partner actions and activities.
- Support at least one of CLRJ’s grassroots fundraising campaigns (crowdfunding, annual fundraiser, CLRJ 5k).
New Member Application Process
CLRJ reviews and accepts new members on a quarterly basis. After submitting your application, you will receive an automated message detailing next steps in the membership application process.
We invite potential new members to attend the upcoming Latinas4RJ public chapter meetings in their area to get to know the members and goals of their local chapter. After attending 2-3 Latinas4RJ meetings, you will be invited to attend a new member orientation where you will receive an in-depth RJ 101 and will be connected to chapter leadership committee based on personal interests and chapter needs. Latinas4RJ membership is renewed annually and starts the date you complete your orientation and submit membership dues payment.
Have questions? Please contact our Community Engagement Manager for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-487-1143.